Senior Web Developer with Front-end Skills
Zattoo (www.zattoo.com) is a company in the Live WebTV market with offices in Zurich, Switzerland and Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA. Zattoo provides live streaming TV channels on connected devices. We are currently operating on the PC, iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone 7, Android. We also launched the first solution for Smart TVs and plan to launch on more devices. Our small team of roughly 25 employees are the pioneers of this space. Together we have created this leading service that has attracted almost 10 million registered users across Europe. We provide live TV service in Switzerland, Germany, Spain, France, UK, and Denmark. Zattoo is the origin and most active further developer of concepts and technology in this space. In addition, we have developed the most comprehensive recording in the cloud solution thinkable. We successfully offer this state of the art catch-up TV and time shift service in Switzerland.
Zattoo operates an impressive distributed system with over 400 servers. The system is built with scalability and robustness in mind and uses state of the art technology to provide a smooth and stable 24/7 service to our users. We are searching for an experienced Web Developer to add to our elite development team to help further improve our web product and to build strong products for all kinds of devices. As a member of a small team reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will work across a range of technologies in a dynamic and flexible environment to develop, maintain, implement and enhance our applications and services. You will also take the expertise lead in some areas of UI design for certain devices and for Video encoding/decoding/streaming. Many cool topics in all areas of IPTV are waiting to be tackled by you. This is your chance to introduce your own ideas and create products that will be used by millions of people.
- Execute tasks in all user facing areas
- Help define global design and usability guidelines to bring the Zattoo experience to new devices
- Become an expert in all streaming and video related topics
- Master Flash and HTML5 to display video and ads
- We care about what you can do, not how long you’ve been doing it.
- Proven experience with both front and back-end web development
- Proven track record of developing User Interfaces
- Experience building scalable websites/web applications
- Experience with dynamic scripting languages, ideally Python
- Expertise in MySQL, Apache and Linux is essential
- Familiarity with Flash/Actionscript 3 is a strong plus
- Knowledge in video encoding/decoding and streaming technologies is a plus
- Experience in designing systems and estimating effort based on product requirements
- Comfortable working with multi-disciplinary teams and external partners
- Good sense for aesthetics and a passion for technology
- English is required, German is a plus
- Agile organization: Small company with a flat hierarchy that allows for quick decision making. We have the resources of a growing company but the spirit of a start-up.
- Great team: Smart, open minded, highly motivated international team who achieve a lot and laugh a lot together.
- Cool work environment: Fun and convenient office locations. There’s a casual vibe and we always make time to play with our soccer tables and PlayStations. We’re flexible with schedules and work from home days.
- Tools you like: We don’t have a policy dictating what equipment you have to buy- you’ll decide for yourself. You’ll also get to play with the newest technologies and gadgets in our industry.
- Platform for self-development: A lot of space for your own ideas and initiative while also having direct access to and coaching from an experienced team. You’ll start with a competitive compensation package including share ownership and will be rewarded as you grow.
- Dynamic market environment: Bringing the Internet and TV together is one of THE topics in the media industry and gives us a lot of opportunities for future developments.
- Once in a lifetime chance: Join the team with the most experience in this space and be on the cutting edge of new developments in it!
You can be based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA or Zurich, Switzerland and will also have the opportunity to travel between the two offices.
If you are interested, please send your resume directly me, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch Zattoo Live TV now
Partnership with Orange: Zattoo is from now on the official tv partner of Orange Switzerland.
RTL launch in Germany: Zattoo now offers six channels of the RTL Group also in Germany.